Saturday, August 21, 2010

Babysitters - did you ever have a parent ask you to spank if the child misbehaved?

Did you follow through? Why or Why not?Babysitters - did you ever have a parent ask you to spank if the child misbehaved?
Wow--no i have not. But, if i did have a parent ask me to spank a child, i would not do it. i believe that only parents should spank their kids. however, if the child is very wild, then i may threaten the child that i will tell their parents. if the child's parents ask me to spank their child, then there is a good chance that the parents spank the child often. so if you threaten the child with telling the parents, then the child will probably stop, in fear that the parents will spank him/her. Hope I helped!Babysitters - did you ever have a parent ask you to spank if the child misbehaved?
That has never happened to me. I know that one family I sit for either spanks or does time out for their youngest child, so I just used time out when necessary. I asked the oldest child what his mom would do in a situation, though, and he did say ';Spank her.'; But I didn't feel like it was appropriate for me to do so.


If a parent asked me to spank their child, I would probably ask if they had any alternative method I could use. If they didn't, truthfully, I would probably just not punish, and instead change the child's focus. Irregardless of my views on spanking, I would never be comfortable spanking a child. There are so many things that could go wrong, and I'm not going to take the responsibility.
My niece asked me to spank her kids if they got out of hand, I never did, they were scared enough of my teacher voice I can put on.





I just send them to their rooms for a while and then they are perfect angels.

No comments:

Post a Comment