Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Is it legal in New Jersey for a child (12) to share a room with a parent?

I don't see why it wouldn't be, but it's really not a healthy thing. Kids need their own space and privacy.Is it legal in New Jersey for a child (12) to share a room with a parent?
That may depend on the gender of the parents..





In many towns in NJ it is not legal for any child over five to share a room with a sibling of the opposite sex. I am betting that goes for parents as well. It was the basis of the famous Mount Laurel ruling, back about 30 years.Is it legal in New Jersey for a child (12) to share a room with a parent?
um im pretty sure there isn't a law against it unless you sexually abuse the child but it would probably be a lot healthier for a child to have its own room even if its a living room or a basement.
I dont see why it wouldnt be, as long as nothing inappropriate is going on there is no reason why it shouldnt be
I know of no state that tries to regulate that. Those sorts of ordinances have to do with local zoning laws so it depends exactly where you live. Obviously you have to also consider your mother's and brother's comfort levels. My older sister slept with my mom until she moved out and I (little bro) had my own room. Be thankful your mother doesn't make you share a room with your little brother so she can have her privacy!

No comments:

Post a Comment