Saturday, August 21, 2010

Need a book about having a bipolar parent for my young (4 years old) daughters?

I have bipolar and am looking for a good book to read to my 4 year old who has been asking questions lately. The books I find are about parents refusing treatment. I am stable and fight to remain healthy but sometimes have bipolar moments. I want a book that will talk about why I am sometimes a little crabby and why I need my meds, etc.Need a book about having a bipolar parent for my young (4 years old) daughters?
I don't know one for a parents to tell then what its like as a parents but I have this book that is for a child that is bipolar that I think might be of help in your daughter understanding what it all means I have put the link on the bottom for you take a look see what you think It looks like a good place to start good luck take careNeed a book about having a bipolar parent for my young (4 years old) daughters?
Glad to be of help to you

Report Abuse



Given the age of your daughters, they are way to young for long drawn out explanations. Keep it simple and to the point. When they get older, then you can expand on your explanation as they age. Keep it light and simple. Children can scare easily when a parent is ';ill';.
I never had a book and now my children at 19 and 26, they grew up just fine. When I would go into a sudden crying fit I would go into the shower until it passed. I was extremely clean! If an anger mood came over me I would always apologize later and say it was wrong of me, no further explanation. The laughing stages were the best, we just enjoyed them to the max. Just explain the best you can. Sorry that this is not a book title but that is about the best I can do. You may want to go to the amazon site and do a search, you will find tons of books that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment