Saturday, August 21, 2010

What are my rights involving access, when a parent with visitation moves out of province in Canada?

I am a single mom of two children ages 3 and 6. My partner and I separated over a year ago, and I have sole custody. We have been fortunate that the split was very amicable and remain friends, having sorted out custody, access and support without involving any lawyers.


My ex has met someone, and may be considering moving 3 provinces away to be with her, who evidently is also a single mother of 2.





I am very concerned about how this will impact my children, they are so young. I am against them travelling to see him, should he move, and want to know what my rights are.


Can I refuse him, should he want them to visit? Am I within my rights to require him to travel here to see them?





Is there anyone who has information about out of province access?





Many ThanksWhat are my rights involving access, when a parent with visitation moves out of province in Canada?
I think you should check your provinces rules on this. However, I do agree with you that they are too young to travel alone to see him. He should be the one traveling to see them should he choose to move. What kind of a father would choose a woman and other children over his own children? I think that is really low and selfish. Your concern for how it will affect your children is justified. They will not understand why he is moving so far away. You may have to involve family court in this to work it out.





Good luck to you and your children.

No comments:

Post a Comment