Tuesday, August 24, 2010

My parent died. Can I still transfer their money into my account?

My parent died and I was wondering if I can transfer their balance in their accounts into mine. I have their usernames and passwords to do online transfers.My parent died. Can I still transfer their money into my account?
No, that is called stealing. The estate has to be settled first. If you are entitled to any of the money, you will have to wait. My parent died. Can I still transfer their money into my account?
Your parents should have had a will, if not, you may have a long wait to get your hands on their money! The only way I can think of - and it's too late now to try it, the transaction should have been done BEFORE they died! After death, you can't touch their account!
No. The banks employ people to look up death notices in the newspaper and match them with existing accounts. The account is probably frozen. The money is now party of the estate, and will be divided up according to the will.


You no longer have access to the account.
Did s/he have a will? It would be up to the executor of the estate. All debts must be satisfied before any part of the estate is transferred.
Not a good idea. You can get into serious trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment